Sunday 19 June 2011

2011-12 Championship Football Clubs: Official Twitter Accounts and Hashtags

I thought it would be useful to keep a closer eye on the opposition this coming season so I've created the following public list on Twitter: @PompeyChicken/championshiptwitter

I expect someone else has already done this but what the heck it was a semi-interesting way of killing a few hours on a Sunday afternoon, in between seasons, no football, waiting for something to happen in the transfer market...

The list follows the official Twitter accounts of the 24 Championship football clubs. This is very much my personal view of the official Twitter world and there's nothing official about this list!

The list of Clubs and Twitter accounts can be found below. I've taken the plunge and followed all of them (including @officialsaints – hope I don't get blocked! LOL!).

I've also added a hashtag that appears to be the main one used by the clubs and their fans.

If I've got any of the official Twitter accounts or hashtags wrong or missed any out I'd be very happy to update the details. Let me know at @PompeyChicken on Twitter.

Barnsley
Twitter: @bfc_official
Hashtag: I couldn't see a specific hastag in common use on Twitter (let me know if I'm wrong). I would probably use #Tykes, #Barnsley or #BFC.

Birmingham City
Twitter: @BcfcDotCom
Hashtag: #BCFC

Blackpool
Twitter: @BFC1887
Hashtag: I couldn't see a specific hastag in common use on Twitter (let me know if I'm wrong). I would probably use #Tangerines, #Blackpool or #BFC.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Twitter: @OfficialBHAFC
Hashtag: #BHAFC

Bristol City
Twitter: @bcfctweets
Hashtag: #BristolCity

Burnley
Twitter: @dazbentleybfc (this is Burnley FC's Media Manager, listed on the Burnley FC website as the official Twitter account.
Hashtag: #Clarets #twitterclarets

Cardiff City
Twitter: @CardiffCityFC
Hashtag: #CardiffCity

Coventry City
Twitter: @Coventry_City
Hashtag: #SkyBlues #CoventryCity

Crystal Palace
Twitter: @Official_CPFC
Hashtag: #CPFC

Derby County
Twitter: @dcfcofficial
Hashtag: #DCFC

Doncaster Rovers
Twitter: @drfc_official
Hashtag: #DRFC

Hull City
Twitter: @hullcityteam
Hashtag: #HCAFC

Ipswich Town
Twitter: @OfficialITFC
Hashtag: #ITFC

Leeds United
Twitter: @OfficialLUFC
Hashtag: #LUFC

Leicester City
Twitter: @OfficialFOXES
Hashtag: #LCFC

Middlesbrough
Twitter: @MFC_Official although I note, at the time of writing, that there has been no activity on this account since March 21st
Hashtag: I couldn't see a specific hastag in common use on Twitter (let me know if I'm wrong). I would probably use #Boro

Millwall
Twitter: @Millwall__FC
Hashtag: #Millwall

Nottingham Forest
Twitter: @Official_NFFC
Hashtag: #NFFC

Peterborough United
Twitter: @theposhdotcom
Hashtag: #PUFC

Portsmouth
Twitter: @officialpompey
Hashtag: #Pompey

Reading
Twitter: @ReadingFC
Hashtag: #ReadingFC

Southampton
Twitter: @officialsaints
Hashtag: #SaintsFC

Watford
Twitter: @wfcbadgemoose this account has 'official' all over it and I can't find anything that looks more official, I hope it's the correct one!
Hashtag: #WatfordFC

West Ham United
Twitter: @whufc_official
Hashtag: #WHUFC and #WestHam seems to be used too

BlueThruAndThru