Sunday 26 August 2012

25/08/2012 Carlisle United 4-2 Portsmouth: Pictures Of Brunton Park

Here are some pictures I took of Brunton Park Stadium home of Carlisle United Football Club before the League One match against Portsmouth.

The rather grand looking facade of the Story Home Stand which houses home and away fans. This picture was taken from the top of the grass bank that overlooks the stand in one direction and the stadium car parking in the other. I parked at the stadium which cost £2.50, very reasonable and very convenient.
The turnstyle entrances for visiting supporters, programme seller ready to sell his wares [I bought my programme titled 'Back Of The Net' from this chap, cost £3, some interesting articles]. 

 Entrances to the Petterill End terrace [not in use for this match].

The Eddie Stobart lorry positioned behind the Petterill End open terrace with a big screen on top.

View along the back of the Petterill End.

The view along the back of the Main Stand.

 The EWM Stand logo.

Foxy's Restaurant situated in the Edinburgh Woollen Mill (EWM) Stand within the Main Stand. I originally thought there was an EWM shop in the ground, but having looked at this picture again I don't think there is.

The Main Reception.

 The Main Stand Ticket Office.

Another view further along the Main Stand. I think one of the signs on the side of this small building shown here are for the 'Golden Gamble' which is the same name given to the 'raffle' at The Rose [Ageus] Bowl home of Hampshire CCC. 

A picture of one of the four floodlight pylons, I like their design, I've not seen pylons like these before, there is one positioned at each corner of the ground.

The plaque at the foot of the Hugh McIlmoyle statue which is at one of the entrances to the ground outside the club shop.

Hugh McIlmoyle statue I/II
 
Hugh McIlmoyle statue II/II

The Carlisle United Blues Store [the aforementioned 'club shop'] and two walls of memorial bricks.

The view of the floodlight pylon at the Warwick Road End entrance to the ground [for home fans]. As you can tell from the picture it was raining.

Pictures From Inside Brunton Park
 The open terrace at the Peterill End.

 The EWM Stand.
 The Paddock, open terracing. This reminded me so much of the old North Terrace at Fratton Park.

The Cumberland Community Stand.

The Warwick Road End which is covered terracing for home fans.   

Odds And Ends

 Stagecoach Footyrider advert.

 Upcoming matches at Brunton Park - love this!

I think I've got most of the names correct in these pictures, if I haven't do please let me know (I'm @PompeyChicken at Twitter.com).
BlueThruAndThru