Wednesday 1 December 2010

HATVENT CALENDAR 01/12/2010


Wahay! Here is the first picture on the Hatvent Calendar - orange with a white bobble.

Which football club is this? I'm going for Blackpool but I'm sure there are others.

Surely, the story of the Premier League so far. A team promoted through the Championship Play-Offs against all odds, beating highly fancied Cardiff City in the final at Wembley. A team given little chance by the football pundits from the outset. A team whose ground wasn't quite ready for the start of the season. But one under the stewardship of Ian Holloway has played open attacking football and caused more than one upset already this season e.g. beating Wigan 4-0 on the opening day and Liverpool 2-1, both away.

They currently sit mid-table in 11th on 19 points. It's a fairytale and it may still have an unhappy ending but who cares: Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air this season. Good luck to them.

Postscript 04/12/2010
As I've been writing each blog I've been trying to find a Pompey link. I was conscious this entry didn't have one...until now. Earlier this year at the Portsmouth Football Programme and Memorabillia Fair at Fratton Park I came across this matchday programme when I was rifling through some boxes on one of the stands. It wasn't a programme I had been looking for but as soon as I saw it I had to have it (you know how it is). Anyway, enjoy Blackpool FC's official matchday programme from 30th August 1980 versus Portsmouth and one Mr. Alan Ball, a future Pompey manager when this picture was taken (a proper legend).


BlueThruAndThru