Thursday 2 December 2010

HATVENT CALENDAR 02/12/2010


Well, waking-up this morning to a blanket of snow outside I thought I'd try and go for a hat with a snowy theme...this one is mainly white but with a hint of pink and yellow. Ummm. That sounds like the Pompey strip worn in the 2010 FA Cup Final against Chelsea!


When you look back on 2010 it's been a pretty amazing year for all Pompey fans with a lot of lows (e.g. financial troubles, relegation from the Premier League) but getting to a second FA Cup Final in three years was fantastic and a real high.

I'm sure many Pompey fans will tell you that winning the FA Cup Semi-Final against Spurs at Wembley was a personal highlight of 2010 - and it was great - but for me being able to say I've watched Pompey at two Wembley FA Cup finals will always come out top. Every season I used to proclaim "It'll be our year this year!" and for that to happen - twice! - was unbelievable. Truely a dream come true!

With the Third Round draw of the 2010-11 FA Cup having now been made and Pompey being drawn away to either non-League FC United of Manchester or League One table toppers Brighton & Hove Albion, I've got one thing to say "It'll be our year this year!" and who is to say I won't be right...'miracles' have happened before - twice!

BlueThruAndThru